Bonnie Ratner and Community Dream Enterprises
Bonnie Ratner is a development and planning expert, writer, and educator with over twenty years’ experience assisting individuals, groups, and organizations in strategic planning, community development, collaborative leadership, and social justice work. Her work, anchored in asset-based community development, social capital development, social justice, and the power of stories, has led to successful partnerships and positive community change.
A writer of plays and screenplays, Bonnie has also authored case studies, reports and briefs on issues facing communities today. She has taught writing and literature in multi-cultural college classrooms and creative writing in both academic and community settings. Bonnie also founded theater companies in California and Colorado and has produced original work in Portland, Oregon.
Community Dream Enterprises is the latest iteration of her desire to serve communities. In CDE, Bonnie synthesizes her experience in learning and applying the practices and principles that make communities cohesive and strong.
Bonnie's approach to inclusion is based on the principle that we are all much more alike than we are different, but we must journey respectfully through our differences to find that truth.
Organizations Bonnie has worked with include:
- Center for Collaborative Planning, Sacramento, California
- Department of Neighborhood Services, County of Sacramento
- City of West Sacramento, California
- Sierra Health Foundation, Sacramento, California
- The Collins Foundation, Portland, Oregon
- Broadway Rose Theatre Company, Tigard, Oregon
- August Wilson Red Door Project, Portland, Oregon